Outpatient Care Services Throughout Chicagoland
Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing‘s outpatient care services are designed to assist any individual in preparing for outpatient procedures. Outpatient procedures or tests are done in a treatment center or a doctor’s office without an overnight stay. Patients are allowed to recover at home with the assistance of a loved one or caregiver. Our outpatient program centers around a 24-hour visit from one of our expert caregivers who will assist you in the process of preparing for, attending, and recovering from an outpatient procedure.
Outpatient services can include:
- Wellness and prevention (such as counseling and weight-loss programs)
- Diagnosis appointments (lab tests and MRI scans)
- Treatment (surgeries, chemotherapy, colonoscopies, endoscopies)
- Rehabilitation (substance abuse rehab and physical therapy).
Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing nurses and caregivers are available to help in any and all circumstances.
Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing caregivers and certified nursing assistants can assist you. Here is an example of the colonoscopy schedule we offer through our outpatient program:
- A caregiver will arrive at your home the evening before the procedure with the intent of staying for a 24-hour period.
- You’ll receive assistance in following any preparation orders dictated by your physician including taking any medications or performing any preparatory tasks. A caregiver can even pick up your medication or any other materials you may need.
- The caregiver will assist with any bathroom needs before and after the procedure and provide transportation to and from your appointment.
- Your recovery will be monitored according to your physician’s instructions and light housekeeping will be performed as needed. (Laundry, taking out the trash, tidying up rooms, cleaning bathrooms, meal preparation, vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
If you have any other needs, our outpatient care can usually be adapted to fit your requirements.
What are the benefits of receiving outpatient services at home?
FHC caregivers are bonded, insured and committed to our values of integrity, compassion, and respect for your loved ones. Call us today at 1 (847) 433-5788 to set up personalized outpatient care services before your next scheduled procedure.
Day-Surgery/Physician Appointment Assistance in Chicago
Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing provide individual assistance for all out-patient procedures, day surgery, and physician appointments. This specific plan of care and time frame is based on the needs of the patient, physician’s orders and the type of procedure, surgery or appointment one is preparing for. These procedures/appointments may include cataract surgery, ophthalmology, podiatry, dermatology, or orthopedic, neurological, plastic or reconstructive surgeries. If you are having a procedure not listed, Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing can customize a plan of care for your specific needs including transportation to and from the appointment or procedure as needed.
Home Sweet Home Program
In order to meet the changing needs of our clients and their families, Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing implemented our Home Sweet Home Program. This program was designed to assist patients and their families transitioning from any environment back to their home. The Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing assistant or caregiver will:
- Meet you at the hospital, skilled nursing facility, assisted or independent living facility to begin the transition from the very beginning
- Provide proper transportation to the clients home
- Make sure all discharge prescriptions are filled and picked up in a timely manner
- Pick-up and deliver appropriate dietary provisions
- Assist the client in getting settled safely in their home
- Complete any necessary light housekeeping, laundry or meal preparation