Outpatient Services in Chicago
Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing’s outpatient care services are designed to assist any individual preparing for outpatient procedures. Our outpatient program centers around a 24-hour visit from one of our expert caregivers who
will assist you in the process of preparing for, attending and recovering from, an outpatient procedure. We regularly help patients through colonoscopies, cataract surgeries, dental surgeries, and many other outpatient appointments. FHC outpatient services can be easily adapted to fit your specific needs and schedule.
What is outpatient care?
Outpatient procedures or tests are done in a treatment center or a doctor’s office without an overnight stay. They tend to be routine and are often performed by specialists who are able to give more localized care than you might receive in a hospital. Patients are allowed to recover at home, usually with the assistance of a loved one or caregiver.
Outpatient services can include:
- Wellness and prevention (such as counseling and weight-loss programs)
- Diagnosis appointments (lab tests and MRI scans)
- Treatment (surgeries, chemotherapy, colonoscopies, endoscopies)
- Rehabilitation (substance abuse rehab and physical therapy).
Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing nurses and caregivers are available to help in any and all circumstances.
What types of outpatient care services does Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing offer?
Whether you’re preparing for a colonoscopy or recovering from neuroplasty, Freedom Home Care and Medical Staffing caregivers and certified nursing assistants can assist you. Here are some of the services we’re able to offer through our outpatient program:
- A caregiver will arrive at your home the evening before the procedure with the intent of staying for a 24-hour period.
- You’ll receive assistance in following any preparation orders dictated by your physician, including taking any medications or performing any preparatory tasks. A caregiver can even pick up your medication or any other materials you may need.
- The caregiver will assist with any bathroom needs before and after the procedure, and provide transportation to and from your appointment.
- Your recovery will be monitored according to your physician’s instructions and light housekeeping will be performed as needed. (Laundry, taking out the trash, tidying up rooms, cleaning bathrooms, meal preparation, vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
If you have any other needs, our outpatient care can usually be adapted to fit your requirements.
What are the benefits of receiving outpatient services at home?
One of the best things about outpatient care is that it can take place in the home, where patients are most comfortable and able to relax. FHC caregivers are specially trained to understand how best to care for people recovering from common outpatient procedures. This ensures you’re receiving the sort of specialized, individualized care you’d be unlikely to receive while recovering in the hospital. Our caregivers are able to offer their complete and focused attention to you, helping you heal as quickly as possible.
FHC caregivers are bonded, insured and committed to our values of integrity, compassion, and respect for your loved ones. Call us today at 1-877-262-1223 to set up personalized outpatient care services before your next scheduled procedure.