Colorectal cancer, which includes cancer of both the colon and rectum, is the second-leading cancer killer of men and women in the United States. By undergoing an endoscopic examination of the bowels, individuals can receive a diagnosis for the potential of colon cancer or for the presence of ulcers or polyps. More commonly referred to as a colonoscopy, this examination has been a life saver for thousands of men and women.
For anyone who makes the smart choice to undergo the out-patient procedure, Freedom Home Care can assist with the preparation involved. The Colonoscopy/Out-Patient Program is scheduled as a 24-hour visit in which a Freedom Home Care certified nursing assistant or caregiver helps individuals prepare, attend and recover from a colonoscopy or any out-patient procedure, for that matter.
A few examples of how Freedom Home Care caregivers can help include:
- Arrive at your home the evening before the procedure with the intent of staying for a 24 hour period
- Assist in following the Colonoscopy or out-patient preparation kit, including picking up the kit as needed
- Assist with any bathroom needs throughout the preparation course
- Maintain NPO (no intake by mouth) status
- Facilitate transportation to and from the procedure
- Monitor recovery from the procedure with meal preparation and/or light housekeeping as needed
To learn more about the program, don’t hesitate to contact Freedom Home Care. We want nothing more than the best for your health.