Valentine’s Day can be enjoyed by everyone. Whether you are young or old, single or in a relationship. The following are our favorite ways for seniors to have fun and celebrate love this Valentine’s Day.
1) Get Festive – Decorating your home or the room you spend the most time in is a simple and cost-effective way to make the day a little more joyful and exciting. Even just cutting out some hearts or making your own heart-shaped garland can make a huge impact for almost no money. Your loved ones or your Freedom Home Care companion can help!
2) Make Valentine’s Day Cards – One of the most satisfying ways to spend time any day of the year is by making someone else happy, and Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to make your friends and family feel the love. Valentine’s Day can be a lonely day for some, so making your loved one’s special cards can be a reminder of all the people out there who love you.
3) Bake with Love – Everyone’s favorite thing is homemade treats baked with love. Heart-shaped pink cookies or cupcakes covered in red and pink sprinkles are sure to make you, your friends, and your family’s day sweeter. If baking is not your thing, there are lots of Valentine’s Day-themed treats you can buy premade.
4) Reminisce – If your husband or wife has long passed, sharing memories of your life together can be a wonderful way to spend the day. Younger family members or close friends are the perfect choices to share in the laughter and joy of reminiscing on a lifetime of love. Consider bringing out old photos, videos, or that cherished box of love letters.
5) Movie Night – Have a movie night in with your loved ones or just with yourself. Get together some of your favorite snacks or enjoy that festive dessert you made earlier. Get comfy, settle in, and watch your favorite romantic movie or a movie that reminds you of someone you love.
Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day with someone you love or are going to spend the day loving yourself, all these ideas will work for you. Ask your Freedom Home Care companion how they can help. Choose one or two or do them all for a full day of Valentine’s Day fun. However you decide to spend the day, Freedom Home Care can support you or your loved one. Freedom Homecare offers home care services provided by certified caregivers. These caregivers can help with chores, medication management, transportation, and so much more. Learn more about how they can help you or your elderly loved one here.