With the pandemic going on, many people are feeling anxiety about the world around them. This can be tough to add to everything else that is going on in life. There are some ways to manage your Coronavirus anxiety. Check out some helpful tips below.
How to Manage Anxiety:
- Don’t Ignore Your Anxiety, Acknowledge It – It can be tempting to ignore unpleasant feelings like anxiety. Instead, acknowledge that you are experiencing anxiety so that you can get to understanding how you are feeling and what you need.
- Pay Attention to Positive News and Information – With the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a lot of negative news, but there is positive news as well. Positive news surrounding Coronavirus could include the people that have recovered from their illness, the recovery rate, and all the things people are doing for each other during this time.
- Take a Break from the News – It is also a good idea to take a break from the news. It it not good to be constantly consuming information about Coronavirus. COVID-19 and everything related can make you feel worried and anxious all the time. Take a break from the statistics and numbers. Try to do something that you enjoy (while still being safe and following social distancing guidelines).
- Take Care of Yourself – Taking care of yourself can also help you manage anxiety around Coronavirus. Be sure you are eating healthy, being active, and getting the sleep you need every night. Taking care of yourself and living a healthy lifestyle can make anxiety more manageable because your body is feeling better.
- Stay in Touch with Loved Ones – Also, be sure to stay in touch with loved ones at this time. Even if you are practicing social distancing, you can plan phone calls, video chats, window visits, and more.
We know that this Coronavirus pandemic can be overwhelming and it can cause anxiety. We are here to help and look out for you and your loved ones. Freedom Home Care provides many different medical services, including in-home senior care. If you or someone you love needs a little extra help, we can provide that, especially during Coronavirus. We are taking precautions to make sure we can be as safe as possible for those that we serve.
Freedom Home Care provides Caregiver services, In-Home Care services, Alzheimer’s Care, Personalized Elder Care, and more. If you would like to learn more about our services, you can reach out to us today.