Many people choose to make a New Year’s resolution every year, but they often struggle to see those resolutions through. That is why we have come up with some realistic New Year’s resolutions for seniors so that they can set resolutions that are attainable.
• Update Your Legal Documents – Updating wills, power of attorney documents and prenups is something that people often put off. You don’t need them until you need them, and you may not know when that is going to be, so it is easy to put off. It would be a great New Year’s resolution to update them so they are ready when you need them.
• Eat Healthy and Exercise – Healthy eating and exercise can also be a great New Year’s resolution. Many people fail at these types of resolutions because they push themselves too hard or set unrealistic goals. Instead, try incorporating some more healthy habits you enjoy like taking a walk with a friend or making a healthy meal for your family when they come for a visit.
• Clean Out Your Attic or Garage – Getting your home cleaned up and organized is another good resolution to have for this year. There are probably areas of your home that you have neglected to clean and organize for a while like your attic or garage. You could even make cleaning a family project and get your kids or grandkids to help you out. Then, you can have fun and get things accomplished together!
• Check-in with Your Doctor – It is never a bad idea to get a check-up from your doctor. You can be sure you are doing what you need to stay healthy in the New Year.
• Stay Connected with Technology – Your children and grandchildren are often connected to technology, so a great way to stay in touch with them is to get connected yourself. Ask your grandchild to get you set up with a Facebook account or a skype account so that you have a new way to keep in touch.
At Freedom Home Care, we want to help you meet your New Year’s Resolutions. If there is anything we can help you out with, we want to.
Freedom Home Care provides in-home senior care services of different kinds like post-surgery home care, Alzheimer’s care, outpatient services, and more. Reach out to us if you or a loved one could use some in-home senior care services.